VEGAN SUGAR COOKIES
Jul 15, 21
|Cashew Cashew Butter CashewButter Dessert Recipe Snack Snacking Sweet vegan
When in doubt, bake it out! These super easy vegan sugar cookies are great for any occasion and are so easy to make that anyone can be a pastry chef for a day!
Servings 20 | Prep Time 20 | Total Time 45 minutes
- 110 g vegan butter
- 100 g organic cane sugar
- 40 g Smooth Cashew Butter
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 250 g all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp corn-starch
- 1 tsp baking powder + 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1-2 tsp pistachio milk
- 120g Powdered Sugar
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 Tbsp non-dairy Milk
- Add softened butter sugar, brown sugar, vanilla, apple puree, smooth almond butter to a large mixing bowl and beat for 1 minute.
- Mix all ingredients in a big bowl. Add into butter mixture and mix until incorporated. Then add almond milk and mix until dough forms.
- Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
Roll out the dough on lightly floured surface and cut with your favourite cookie cutter.
Arrange cookies of baking sheet 2 inch apart as they will spread during baking.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes. Remove from oven and let rest on pan for a few minutes, then transfer to a cooling rack to cool completely.
- Add the powdered sugar, vanilla and milk to a mixing bowl and whisk until smooth. Add natural colouring if needed.
- Decorate the cookies and allow to set before serving. Once cooled, frost cookies and top with sprinkles.