Aubergine rolls filled with creamy pistachio tempeh baked with homemade tomato sauce, topped with vegan parmesan & mozzarella and parsley. Great for lunch or dinner!
- Preheat oven to 200°c
- Cut the ends of the aubergine and then slice thin strips vertically.
- Lightly oil a baking sheet and place the the aubergine slices on it. Cover with oil and a bit of salt and pepper to taste on top. This will provide taste but the salt will also dry out the excess water from the aubergine.
- Put the aubergine in the oven for 5mins and then leave to cool completely. This will partially cook the slices and give it more flexibility when rolling.
- In a food processor or blender, make the filling by adding all the ingredients minus the salt, lemon and water.
- Add in salt and lemon to taste, and then slowly add the water. Depending on the power of your mixer, you might need the full amount of water or less.
- Place a heaped tablespoon filling of the filling at the shortest part of the spice and roll upwards to the widest part.
- Make the tomato sauce in a pan and add a thin layer to your baking dish.
- Place the filled aubergine rolls with the open face down in the dish so it doesn't unroll and top with more tomato sauce.
- Place the dish in the oven for 30mins, remove and add parmesan/mozzarella and cook for a further 5mins.
- Serve hot with fresh chopped parsley.
- 1.5 medium aubergines
- 200g Better Nature Tempeh Organic Tempeh
- 90g pistachio butter
- 120g vegan mozzarella style cheese
- 1 tbsp garlic paste or 1-2 minced garlic cloves
- 50ml water
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp of lemon juice
- vegan parmesan and mozzarella style cheese on top (about 30g)
For the tomato sauce:
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- 300ml passata
- ¼-½ tsp basil and oregano
- Salt/black pepper to taste
Try this extremely easy Tempeh Pistachio Rollatini recipe using our Smooth 100% Pure Pistachio Butter, and let us know what you think! Tag us in your delicious re-creation on Instagram or Facebook! Use hashtag #nutsaboutborna to be featured!