If your craving a chocolaty sweet treat this amazing vegan chocolate cake will defiantly do the job. This spongey chocolate vegan cake serves 10 portions and only takes 1 hour in total with 30 mins prep time!
1. Pre-heat the oven to 180 ºC and line a 20 cm cake tin with baking paper.
2. In a heat-proof bowl melt together the chocolate and coconut oil in microwave.
3. Sift together tall dry ingredients and mix well until everything is evenly distributed.
4. Mix the pistachio drink, pistachio butter, warm water and lemon juice, and add them to the dry ingredients. Pour in the melted chocolate + coconut oil mixture and whisk well until combined.
5. Pour the cake batter to the lined cake tin for about 1 hour.
6. Allow the cake to cool in the cake tin for 10 minutes, then remove from the cake tin and cool completely.
1. Chop the dark chocolate and place in a small bowl.
2. In a saucepan, heat the coconut cream until it starts to boil.
3. Pour the cream over the chocolate and mix until smooth.
4. Allow to cool and stir frequently until it reaches the consistency at which it can be spread on top of the cake.
5. Spread the chocolate ganache on top of the cake and let it cool for 1 hour in fridge.
6. Decorate with chocolate shaving and pistachios if desired.
100g dark chocolate, chopped
30ml melted coconut oil
30g Smooth Almond Butter
265g plain flour
2tsp baking powder + 1 tsp baking soda
30g cocoa powder
120g caster sugar
250ml pistachio drink
120ml warm water
1 tbsp lemon juice
Vegan chocolate ganache:
200g coconut cream (any vegan cream)
150g dark chocolate
Try this extremely easy Super easy vegan chocolate cake recipe
Smooth 100% Pure Almond Butter,
and let us know what you think! Tag us in your delicious re-creation on Instagram or Facebook! Use hashtag #nutsaboutborna to be featured!
Subscribe to our newsletter and follow us on Instagram & Facebook for more healthy recipes and product updates!