SUPER EASY VEGAN CHOCOLATE CAKE
Jul 14, 21
|AlmondButter chocolate Dessert Recipe Snack Snacking Sweet vegan
Servings 10 | Prep Time 30 | Total Time 1 hour
100 g dark chocolate, chopped
30 ml melted coconut oil
30 g Smooth Almond Butter
265 g plain flour
2 tsp baking powder + 1 tsp baking soda
30 g cocoa powder
120g caster sugar
250 ml pistachio milk
120 ml warm water
1 tbsp lemon juice
Vegan chocolate ganache:
200 g coconut cream (any vegan cream)
150 g dark chocolate
- Pre-heat the oven to 180 ºC and line a 20 cm cake tin with baking paper.
- In a heat-proof bowl melt together the chocolate and coconut oil in microwave.
- Sift together tall dry ingredients and mix well until everything is evenly distributed.
- Mix the milk, pistachio butter, warm water and lemon juice, and add them to the dry ingredients. Pour in the melted chocolate + coconut oil mixture and whisk well until combined.
- Pour the cake batter to the lined cake tin for about 1 hour.
- Allow the cake to cool in the cake tin for 10 minutes, then remove from the cake tin and cool completely.
- Chop the dark chocolate and place in a small bowl.
- In a saucepan, heat the coconut cream until it starts to boil.
- Pour the cream over the chocolate and mix until smooth.
- Allow to cool and stir frequently until it reaches the consistency at which it can be spread on top of the cake.
- Spread the chocolate ganache on top of the cake and let it cool for 1 hour in fridge.
- Decorate with chocolate shaving and pistachios if desired.