Winter is the perfect time for a bowl of creamy, rich and hearty soup, just like this pistachio pumpkin soup. Adding Smooth 100% Pure Pistachio Butter into the pumpkin soup makes the soup extremely rich and silky, topping it with our Moroccan Spiced Flavoured Kernels could add some nice crunch to the soup, and make it extra pistachio-ey!
Nutritional Value (per serving) |411 Kcal | 25g Fat | 12g Protein | 9g Fibre | 17g sugar
♥1 Small Pumpkin (around 6’’)
♥1 cup organic pumpkin, peeled & chopped
♥3/4 cup organic vegetable stock
♥1/4 tbsp vegan butter
♥1/3 cup water
♥1/2 tsp Olive Oil
♥1/2 Onion, finely chopped
♥1 tsp Minced Garlic
♥1 tbsp Smooth 100% Pure Pistachio Butter
♥1 tsp Moroccan Seasoning
♥Salt and Pepper to Taste
♥1 tbsp Moroccan Spiced Flavoured Kernels
♥1 tbsp Plant-based Yoghurt
1. Preheat your oven to 200’C. Cut out a wide circle around the stem of pumpkin to make a lid. Remove seeds and strings.
2. Place pumpkin on a lined baking sheet. Rub the inside of the pumpkin with vegan butter. Highly season with salt and pepper. Roast pumpkin for 30-35 mins, or until soft. Set aside.
3. Add Olive Oil, Moroccan spice, chopped onion, and minced garlic in a big pot, fry for 2 minutes or until fragrant.
4. Mix in chopped pumpkin, vegetable stock, and water. Cover the pot with the lid, boil for 15-20 minutes or until the pumpkin is tender. Stir occasionally.
5. Remove from heat and use a stick blender to blend until smooth. Add Smooth 100% Pure Pistachio Butter to the soup. Season with salt and pepper.
6. Pour the pistachio pumpkin soup in the pumpkin. Drizzle over a bit of plant-based yoghurt, and topped it with our Moroccan Spiced Flavoured Kernels for the crunch and flavour!
Gloria Cho, Marketing Executive at Borna Foods