This tasty pasta recipe is a proper mid-week treat. Quick and easy vegan zucchini macaroni and cheese with our Premium Pistachio Drink is simple to prepare with 9 ingredients you may already have on hand for a comfort-food meal. It’s creamy, delicious and so easy to make!
- 1 zucchini
- 1/2 cup Unsweetened Pistachio Drink
- 1 bunch fresh basil
- 2 tbsp vegan butter
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1/2 cup vegan grated cheese
- 1 tbsp red pepper chili flakes
- salt and pepper
- 1 tbsp flour
- Cook the macaroni according to package directions.
- Chop zucchini into small pieces. Bring a medium pot of water to boil, boil for 15 minutes. Once boiled, drain water and puree in a food processor.
- In a skillet over medium heat, mix 1 Tbsp. butter and flour to make a roux. Then add in the Unsweetened Pistachio Drink, zucchini mixture. Stir until mixed well.
- Add in the cooked macaroni, vegan cheese, and seasonings. Mix well. Serve warm and top with some vegan cheese.
Inesa Slevaite, Marketing Executive at Borna Food