Vegan Popcorn Crusted Macaroni and Cheese -Collaboration with Popcorn Shed
Jul 28, 20
|Dinner Lunch Pistachios Recipe
Made from an ancient grain of corn, tasty Popcorn Shed popcorns don’t get stuck in your teeth! They’re making gourmet popcorn the way it should be: by hand, using the highest quality ingredients, carefully sourced, lovingly crafted and free of any nasty preservatives or additives. They believe that popcorn brings people together, enhancing those special moments we spend with friends, family and loved ones. Popcorn Shed exists to build relationships, and put smiles on their customer’s faces.
- 1 cup macaroni
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 4 tablespoons vegan butter, divided
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 1/2 cups Pistachio Milk
- 3 tbsp nutritional east
- 3 tbsp Pure 100% Crunchy Pistachio Butter
- 1 cup vegan shredded cheese
- 1 pack sea salt mini popcorn from Popcorn Shed
- 1/2 teaspoon parsley flakes
- Cook pasta according to package instructions, drain thoroughly when done.
- Preheat oven to 180C.
- Prepare the cheese sauce while oven is warming. In a small pot, combine olive oil and flour and cook until fragrant.
- Slowly add in pistachio milk at a time so that flour mixture is properly incorporated.
- Add salt, pepper, nutritional yeast and vegan shreds to the sauce. Cook until cheese is melted.
- Place macaroni and cheese sauce into a small oven safe dish. Add pistachio butter.
- Top with popcorn and bake for 20-25 mins.
- Remove from oven and enjoy!