Vegan Pistachio Gingerbread Cookies
Dec 19, 19
|Breakfast Dessert Lunch Pistachios Recipe
This time we went gingerbread crazy with pistachio gingerbread men and stars which are perfectly spiced, soft in the centers, crisp on the edges, pistachio butter flavoured holiday goodness that will put a smile on your face.
These are cookies for everyone this holiday season!
- 1 cup softened vegan butter
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 3 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tbsp ginger
- 1/2 tsp salt
- ½ jar any pistachio butter, for this recipe we used Smooth Coco-Nutty Pistachio Butter
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- ½ cup Unsweetened Pistachio drink
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- 50g vegan chocolate for decoration
- Combine softened vegan butter and brown sugar. Whisk until you get a light and fluffy consistency.
- Add vanilla and Unsweetened Pistachio Drink until thoroughly combined.
- In a separate bowl, mix flour, baking soda, salt, ginger, cinnamon, and nutmeg.
- Add flour to sugar mixture and stir until dough forms.
- Cover and chill it for 2 – 3 hours.
- Preheat oven to 180C degrees.
- Roll out the dough to the desired thickness.
- Cut out the desired shape (we did gingerbread men and stars), and place on parchment-lined cookie sheet.
- Bake for 8 – 10 minutes.
- Leave it to rest. Then, dip gingerbread stars into melted vegan chocolate; leave it to rest a bit.
- Then dip both gingerbread men and stars into Pistachio butter, sprinkle some coconut flakes on top.
- Ho ho ho it’s gingerbread time!
Inesa Slevaite, Marketing Executive at Borna Food