Home-made Doughnuts Topped with Crushed Pistachio Kernels – Happy International Women’s Day!
Mar 08, 19
|Dinner Pistachios Recipe
Happy International Women’s Day everyone! This amazing day, which empowers women, we decided to make best women’s friends – DOUGHNUTS – topped with our
Nutritional Value (per serving) | 250 Kcal |12g Fat | 3g Protein | 7g Fibre |15g sugar |
♥ 2 cups milk, warm
♥ 1/4 cup vegan sugar
♥ 2 tsp instant or active dry yeast
♥ 2 whole large eggs, lightly beaten
♥ 4 cups all-purpose flour
♥ 1/2 tsp kosher salt
♥ oil for frying
♥ ¼ tsp pure almond extract
♥ 4 tbsp salted butter, melted
♥ 1 tsp vanilla
♥ 3 cups powdered sugar
♥ red food colouring
♥ ½ cup milk to make a thin icing
♥ 1 tbsp crushed natural kernels, yummy
- Warm up the milk. Add the milk to a mixing bowl or the bowl of your stand mixer. Add the sugar and stir to dissolve. Add the yeast and stir to combine. Let the yeast rest for 5 minutes.
- Add the beaten eggs and melted butter to the bowl and stir to combine.
- Add the flour and salt and mix until the dough comes together. Turn off the bowl and let the dough rest.
- After the rest period turn the dough out into a lightly oiled bowl, cover the bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate the dough for at least 8 hours up to overnight.
- Remove the dough from the fridge and roll it out on a lightly floured surface until it is 1/2 to 1/3 of an inch thick. Use a three-inch doughnut cutter to cut out the doughnuts.
- Place the cut doughnuts and holes on a lightly greased baking sheet.
- Repeat with the remaining dough.
- Cover the doughnuts and let them rise for about one hour – until it doubles the size, they have to be puffy and airy looking.
- Heat a few inches of oil or shortening in a large cast iron skillet or fryer over medium heat
Carefullyadd the doughnuts to the hot oil and fry until golden brown, about 1 1/2 minutes per side. The doughnut holes will only take about 30 seconds per side.
- Use a slotted spoon to remove the doughnuts from the hot oil and place them on a paper towel-lined baking sheet to remove extra grease. Dip the hot doughnuts in the glaze.
Whisk all the ingredients in a medium bowl and mix until smooth. Add just enough milk to make a thin icing. Once the doughnuts are dipped halfway in the icing take them out, turn them icing side up, and place them on a cooling rack – let the glaze set.
Crush some natural pistachio kernels and sprinkle them on doughnuts.
Try our delicious home-made doughnuts topped with our crushed natural kernels recipe and let us know what you think! Tag us in your delicious re-creation on Instagram or Facebook! Use hashtag #nutsaboutborna to be featured!
Inesa Slevaite, Marketing Executive at Borna Food