Delicious Almond Palmiers - Happy Father's Day!
Jun 20, 21
|Almond Dessert Recipe
We all know the way to a man's heart is through his stomach. So this 𝑭𝒂𝒕𝒉𝒆𝒓'𝒔 𝑫𝒂𝒚, why not spoil your Dad with these lovely almond palmiers? Yummm.
French palmier cookies look like they’d involve a million steps, but did you know you can make them with just three ingredients? It really is as easy and simple as rolling out some store-bought puff pastry, sprinkling sugar, and rolling it into that classic heart shape. As the cookies bake, the sugar caramelizes and makes them golden, making it a fancy-looking but non-fussy dessert that’ll impress all your friends!
60g light brown sugar
60g whole almond nuts
1 sheet puff pastry
- Preheat the oven to 200C.
- Unroll the pastry and flatten into the papper wrapper. Line a cokkie sheet with a parchment paper or a silicon mat.
- Ground your whole almond nuts.
- In a small bowl, add the ground almonds, sugar, combined everything with a spoon.
- Sprinkle almond sugar mixture evenly all over the pastry and use a long flat blade knife if you have one to spread the mixture evenly on the surface. Place a sheet over the pan and use a rolling pin to lightly roll over the mixture. Be careful not to roll too hard so you keep the shape of a pastry.
- Take one long side and tightly roll the pastry toward the middle. Stop when you get to the middle. Then take the other side of the pastry and roll toward the middle. Wrap the pastry in a plastic wrap and pop in a fridge for 20 minuts to firm up.
- Take the pastry from the fridge and cut the ends to make it tidy. Then cut into 1/4 inch thick slices.
- Bake for approximately 15-20minuts or until the cookies puff and turn golden brown.