If you are a beer lover, you will not be disappointed by this chocolate stout cake. It not only looks delicious, it also taste it. We personally can't wait to pair this with a cold beer this weekend!
1. Preheat the oven to 350F/160C. degrees. Grease and flour three 6 or 7-inch cake pans and set aside.
2. Sift together the flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt in a large bowl. In a separate bowl, whisk together the vegan yoghurt, cashew butter, and vanilla.
3. In a medium-large saucepan, warm the stout and butter over medium heat until the butter melts.
4. Hat on low and whisk in the sugar, cocoa powder, and espresso powder until well combined. Remove the saucepan from the heat and stir in the yoghurt mixture.
5. In two batches, stir in the flour mixture until smooth. Evenly distribute the batter among the prepared pans.
6. Bake for 25-28 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the centre of the cakes comes out clean.
7. Let the cakes cool on a wire rack for 10 to 15 minutes before removing them from their pans. Continue to cool completely before filling.
1. Whisk the butter until light and fluffy. Add the powder sugar and cream cheese and mix for a few minutes.
2. Divide the buttercream into 2 parts and add melted chocolate into one part.
3. The cream will be lightened at this time so chill the cream for 15 minutes before icing the cake.
4.Fill and frost the cake after 15 minutes and finish off with chocolate ganache (make by melting the chocolate with and coconut milk) and top chopped cashews.
1 teaspoon baking soda
¾ teaspoon baking powder
150g vegan yogurt
50g cashew butter
1 ½ teaspoons pure vanilla extract
180ml stout beer
170g vegan butter, diced
180g granulated sugar
90g unsweetened cocoa powder
1 tablespoon instant espresso powder (optional)
250 ml vegan cream (use heavy cream if not vegan)
220g vegan unsalted butter
300g icing sugar
100g melted chocolate
100ml coconut milk
Try this extremely easy Chocolate stout cake recipe
and let us know what you think! Tag us in your delicious re-creation on Instagram or Facebook! Use hashtag #nutsaboutborna to be featured!
Subscribe to our newsletter and follow us on Instagram & Facebook for more healthy recipes and product updates!