Chickpea & pistachio burger
Sep 02, 21
By lacy fox
|Dinner Health Healthy Lunch main nutrition nuts Pistachio Pistachios Products protein Recipe Savoury vegan
If you love burgers as much as we do, we promise you will absolutely LOVE this chickpea & pistachio burger. It is delicious, vegan, and almost healthy.
1. In a food processor, mix the chickpeas, lemon zest, pistachios, lemon juice, cumin, half the coriander, the flax egg and some seasoning.
2. Scrape into a bowl and mix with the breadcrumbs and the diced onions. Form 4 burgers and chill for at least 10 mins.
3. Heat teaspoon of oil in a large frying pan over medium-high heat. Fry the chickpea burgers in the hot oil until golden on both sides. This should take around 3-4 mins on each side.
4. Meanwhile, halve the buns and warm for 2 mins in the oven or on a pan.
5. Slice the tomatoes, wash rocket and place to a bowl. Halve the lemon and add a squeeze of lemon juice to the rocket along with a splash of olive oil and a pinch of salt and pepper. Toss together.
6. Spread vegan mayo over each bun half. Pop a chickpea burger on the bottom bun, then place some tomato slices on top. Top with a handful of rocket and sit the other half of the bun on top.
400g can chickpeas, drained
zest 1 lemon, plus juice ½
1 tsp ground cumin
small bunch coriander, chopped
1 egg or flax egg
100g fresh breadcrumbs
1 medium red onion, ½ diced, ½ sliced
1 tbsp olive oil
4 Seeded Burger Bun
1 Vine Tomatoes
50g Vegan Mayonnaise
Try this extremely easy Chickpea & pistachio burger recipe using our Natural Kernels Retail Packs, and let us know what you think! Tag us in your delicious re-creation on Instagram or Facebook! Use hashtag #nutsaboutborna to be featured!
Subscribe to our newsletter and follow us on Instagram & Facebook for more healthy recipes and product updates!