Buckwheat Pistachio Pancakes with Lemon - Happy May Day! ☀️
May 01, 20
By Inesa Slevaite
|Breakfast Dessert Lunch Pistachios Recipe
Celebrate this May Day morning with our favourite buckwheat pistachio pancakes with lemon recipe.
You may already know that buckwheat has a delicate, almost nutty flavour on its own. Thanks to the buckwheat flour, these pancakes possess a light and airy consistency which we really enjoy. The pancakes pair well with the lemon zest and juice, as shown here, or with a healthy swipe of pistachio butter.
- 1 free range egg
- 1/2 cup buckwheat flour, we used buckwheat seeds and then blended them with Nutri Bullet
- 2 teaspoons coconut sugar
- 1/3 cup Lightly Sweetened Pistachio Drink
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil for cooking
- Lemon zest
- Whisk the egg, Pistachio Drink, lemon juice all together.
- Add the buckwheat flour, half the lemon zest, baking powder and coconut sugar. Whisk everything again until smooth.
- Heat a frying pan with the coconut oil on low to medium heat.
- Put a spoon of the batter to the pan and fry each side for about 2 minutes.
- Stack on a plate and grate the other half of the lemon zest over the pancakes. Add some pistachio butter on the side.
Try our Buckwheat Pistachio Pancakes with Lemon recipe using our Lightly Sweetened Pistachio Drink and let us know what you think! Tag us in your delicious re-creation on Instagram or Facebook! Use hashtag #nutsaboutborna to be featured!
Subscribe to our newsletter and follow us on Instagram & Facebook for more healthy recipes and product updates!
Inesa Slevaite, Marketing Executive at Borna Food