Our sweet potato hummus is a simple way to up your homemade hummus game. Add to lunch boxes + as a side at dinner time. Pairs well with roasted veggies, loaded salads + grain bowls. Made using our delicious Unsweetened Pistachio Drink.
- 1 sweet potato (peeled, roasted and cubed)
- 1/4 cup Unsweetened Pistachio Drink
- 1.5 cups chickpeas beans, cooked
- 2 tbsp tahini
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1 tsp red pepper chili flakes
- salt and pepper
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp sriracha sauce, if preferable
- Begin by peeling, cubing and roasting your sweet potatoes with salt and pepper in the oven until roasted. While that’s roasting, peel the outer coating off your chickpeas.
- In the food processor, pulse and blend your roasted sweet potatoes, chickpeas, Unsweetened Pistachio Drink, tahini, garlic, olive oil, salt and pepper, and lemon juice. Pulse until a creamy hummus forms. Adjust with more pistachio drink if it’s too pasty.
- Serve with pita, carrots, radish, snap peas and cucumbers on a board!
Inesa Slevaite, Marketing Executive at Borna Food