Halloween is just around the corner! Why not make these healthy, vegan, gluten-free, scary banana muffins with pistachio butter for your little goblins (or big goblins).
The best thing about the Halloween season is that you can be creative in the kitchen. Okay and carving pumpkin. And the movie Hocus Pocus. But definitely getting creative in the kitchen, so get ready with these scary muffins with pistachio butter!
Getting your Halloween desserts on in a healthier way sometimes feels incredibly difficult, but it can be done, and it can be done fun! These muffins are definitely an indulgence, but it is a holiday! So, grab the kids, put on your favorite Halloween music, and get baking!
Serving: 12 muffins
♥ 3/4 coconut flour
♥ 1 tsp baking powder
♥ 1/4 tsp sea salt
♥ 1 cup coconut sugar
♥ 4 tbsp Crunchy 100% Pure Pistachio Butter
♥ 4 tsp vegan butter
♥ 3 bananas
♥ 1 tsp vanilla extract
12 big marshmallows
1 tsp vegan chocolate
1. Preheat oven to 180C and line a muffin baking pan with 12 cupcake liners.
2. In a medium sized bowl, mash bananas and whisk together the sugar, vegan butter, and vanilla extract.
3. Stir in milk, then add the rest of the ingredients (flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, salt), and mix until just combined but do not over mix. Mix in peanut butter. The batter won’t be very thick, sort of runny and that’s okay.
4. Add the rest of the ingredients (coconut flour, baking powder, salt), and mix until just combined but do not over mix. Mix in pistachio butter.
5. Pour the batter into liners, and bake for 18-20 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean. When completely chilled, decorate the banana muffins with pistachio butter.
6. Flip the muffins upside down and put a marshmallow on each of it, put it back into the oven for 5min. Then, decorate the marshmallow with chocolate and draw some scary faces.
Try not to eat them all at once…! Try our scary banana muffins made using our premium pistachio butter and let us know what you think! Tag us in your delicious re-creation on Instagram or Facebook! Use hashtag #nutsaboutborna to be featured!
Inesa Slevaite, Marketing Executive at Borna Foods