This Vegan Pistachio Potato Bake is comfort food at it’s best! It’s flavourful, “cheesy”, creamy, dairy-free because we are using our Unsweetened Pistachio Drink, satisfying and very healthy and easy to make. You can eat it as a main course or a side dish for any type of meal.
The best thing about it is that you can make it in one dish – and it’s prepared in only 10 minutes. Put it in the oven and leave it baking there while you have a cup of tea or do anything else that has to be done in your household. Thus, we bet you will love making it on busy days after work!
♥ 500g potatoes
♥ 1/2 tsp salt
♥ 1 tsp olive oil
♥ 1 sliced onion
♥ 3/4 cup Unsweetened Pistachio Drink
♥ 3 garlic cloves
♥ 1/2 cup vegetable broth
♥ pepper to taste
♥ 4 tbsp Vegan “cheese”
♥ chives and parsley for serving
- Preheat oven to 180C and grease a baking dish with a little olive oil.
- Peel and very thinly slice potatoes.
- Heat the oil in a large pan. Add onion and garlic and fry for about 4-5 minutes, until lightly browned. Add the garlic and cook for another minute and stir it, then set aside.
- Spread half of the sliced potatoes in a baking dish. Top evenly with a heated mixture of Unsweetened Pistachio Drink and vegetable broth. Layer with the rest of the potatoes and a sauce. Make sure that it’s well covered!
- Bake for 55-60 minutes or until the potatoes are fork-tender and soft.
- Sprinkle vegan “cheese” over a few minutes before done.
- Finally, garnish with some parsley and onions, enjoy!
Inesa Slevaite, Marketing Executive at Borna Food