The fresh flavour of a pistachio dill filling with creamy vegan cheese makes these vegan pistachio cucumber rolls a decadent appetizer or snack! While it takes a bit of time to roll them up, you can always top cucumber slices with the filling to speed the process. Full of flavour and nutrition, you can’t go wrong with making these tasty vegan pistachio cucumber rolls.
This amazing summer day, pistachio cucumber snack will refresh you since it’s hydrating and low in carbs and calories!
♥ 1-2 cucumbers
♥ 1/2 cup Natural Kernels
♥ 3 tbsp onions
♥ 1 tsp dills
♥ 1/2 tsp sea salt
♥ 1/2 tsp lemon juice
♥ vegan ricotta cheese
- Prepare some vegan ricotta cheese. You can find a recipe here.
- Place the cheese into a food processor, add Natural Kernels, chopped onion, dills, sea salt and lemon juice.
- Process until the mixture is finely chopped.
- Thinly slice strips of cucumber. Get some toothpicks ready.
- Take a strip of cucumber and place ½ tbsp vegan cheese and 1 tsp Natural Kernel mix onto one end of the strip. Start rolling, keeping the filling tightly packed to the inside. Seal the roll by placing a toothpick through the cucumber.
- Continue until all the filling is used up.
Note: if the cucumber is seedy, the slices may fall apart and you will only be able to use the outside pieces that don’t contain seeds. If this is the case, you’ll need at least 2 cucumbers.
Try our Vegan Pistachio Cucumber rolls made with our Natural Kernels on this amazing summer day and let us know what you think! Tag us in your delicious re-creation on Instagram or Facebook! Use hashtag #nutsaboutborna to be featured!
Inesa Slevaite, Marketing Executive at Borna Food