Puff pastry pistachio butter twists are here for you. These crispy, flaky, chocolately twists require just two ingredients and a few minutes of your time, and yet they deliver big — real big — out on the dessert table. Enjoy!
- 1 pack ready rolled puff pastry
- 4 tbsp Rich Cacao Roast Pistachio Butter
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 tsp sugar
- Icing sugar to serve
- Heat the oven to 200C/ fan 180C. Roll out the pastry lengthways untill its 3 – 4mm thick.
- Carefully spread the Rich Cacao Pistachio Butter all over the pastry, right to the edges. With the short edge of the pastry closest to you, fold the top half down to sandwich the pistachio butter on the middle.
- Cut the pastry, top to bottom, into two parts and twist the pieces to form a braid and pinch them securely on the ends.
- Transfer to a non-stick baking tray. Press the ends down onto the tray so they don’t unravel.
- Brush the top of the twist with the egg, then sprinkle with a little sugar. Cook for 18-20 minutes until the twist is golden and puffed up. Sprinkle with a little icing sugar to serve.
Try our Pistachio Butter Puff Pastry Twist recipe using our Rich Cacao Pistachio Butter and let us know what you think! Tag us in your delicious re-creation on Instagram or Facebook! Use hashtag #nutsaboutborna to be featured!
Inesa Slevaite, Marketing Executive at Borna Food