We’re so excited for Bonfire Night! Whether you’re staying in or going out, our pistachio cupcakes with creamy orange icing recipe is a delicious way of celebrating Guy Fawkes night. Enjoy a lovely dessert after the Bonfire Night fireworks. We can assure you that it will be loved by your family as well as your friends.
This night is a British celebration that celebrates the capture of a Guy Fawkes, a man who was involved in trying to conquer the king in the Gunpowder Plot of 1605. It happened on the 5th of November and is a night filled with many fireworks and bonfires, and of course good food. Bring cheer to the festivities with both traditional and current recipes such as our orange cupcakes filled in with Smooth 100% Pure Pistachio Butter and topped with creamy orange icing recipe. To conclude, we have been also using our Premium Unsweetened Pistachio Drink to make the batter and the icing.
For the batter:
♥ 100g Pure 100% Smooth Pistachio Butter
♥ 130g plain flour
♥ 1 tbsp baking powder
♥ 1/4 tsp salt
♥ 1 stick unsalted butter
♥ 3/4 caster sugar
♥ 1/4 cup Unsweetened Pistachio Drink
♥ zest of 1 orange
♥ 2 large eggs
♥ 2 tbsp orange juice
For the orange buttercream:
♥ 1 cup Unsweetened Pistachio Drink
♥ 1 tbsp orange zest
♥ 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
♥ orange food colouring
♥ 2 sticks unsalted butter
♥ 1 cup caster sugar
♥ 1/4 cup plain flour
For the cupcakes:
- Preheat the oven to 180C. Line a 12 hole muffin tin with the cupcake liners.
- Mix together all dry ingredients: the flour, baking powder, and salt.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the melted butter and sugar just to combine.
- Add the Unsweetened Pistachio Drink, eggs, orange juice, and orange zest, and whisk really well to combine.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and stir through gently until just combined.
- Fill the cupcake cases to about 1/3 full.
- Put a teaspoon of pistachio butter into the cupcake case and then finish filling it in with the batter until the cases are 2/3 full.
- Bake for around 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out with just a couple of crumbs on it.
- Transfer to a cooling rack and leave it there for 15-20 minutes.
For the icing:
- Whisk the flour with a little Unsweetened Pistachio Drink to a paste in a small saucepan. Add the remaining pistachio drink and half a cup of sugar.
- Heat over low heat, stirring constantly until it gets very thick.
- Let the mixture cool to room temperature before continuing.
- Once the icing mixture is cool, beat together the butter and 1/2 cup of sugar until lightened and creamy. Scrape down the bowl a few times through the process.
- Add 1 spoon of the icing mixture at a time, mixing on low between each.
- Once all the icing is added, beat for a further 5-7 minutes on medium until it looks whipped and creamy. Hence, you should not be able to feel any sugar granules.
- Finally, add the vanilla, orange food colouring, and orange zest and give it one final quick mix just to mix it through.
Finally, decorate your lovely orange cupcakes with the icing. Feel free to put some chocolate sprinkles on top!
Try our Bonfire Orange Pistachio Cupcakes and let us know what you think! Also, don’t forget to tag us in your delicious re-creation on Instagram or Facebook! Use hashtag #nutsaboutborna to be featured! Happy Easter everyone!
Inesa Slevaite, Marketing Executive at Borna Food