Moist. fruity and fluffy blueberry buckle in its vegan version. This British classic summer dessert is the best light and fluffy cake that takes you just a few minutes to throw together. With crispy crumb topping and premium blueberry cashew butter, this blueberry buckle will become your favorite cake!
Why try out this recipe
- Juicy blueberries – this buckle is filled with juicy and sweet blueberries and blueberry cashew butter that make a nice fruity dessert!
- Vegan – this cake is vegan-friendly, so anyone can enjoy it!
- Easy to make – this is one of the easiest recipes ever. All you need to do is to mix everything together in one bowl, transfer to pan, and top with some crumbled (optional).
- So Delicious – this cake is one of my favourites. It’s not too sweet, made with wholesome ingredients!
- Fluffy texture – using vegan buttermilk in this recipe makes the cake so fluffy, you will end up with a soft and fluffy cake that is irresistible!
- 40g brown sugar
- 40g white sugar
- 340g all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 50g unsalted vegan butter
- 70g coconut oil
- lemon zest
- 120g granulated sugar
- 2 flax eggs
- 1tsp baking powder
- 125ml vegan buttermilk
- 100g blueberries
- 100g Blueberry Cashew Nut Butter
- Preheat the oven to 170°C and line an 8 x 8 pan with parchment paper.
- First, make the crumb topping. Combine the brown sugar, white sugar, flour, and salt in a bowl. Add the butter and use your fingers to rub the butter into the mixture until it clumps together and resembles wet sand.
- In a mixing bowl beat the butter, sugar, lemon zest, and eggs together. Mix well.
- Stir together the flour, baking powder, and salt. Add the dry ingredients and beat until just combined. Add the buttermilk and mix. Fold in the blueberries to distribute evenly.
- Spread the batter in the prepared pan. Sprinkle with the crumb topping and blueberry cashew butter bake for 40 to 50 minutes.
Try this extremely easy vegan blueberry buckle cookies recipe using our Blueberry Cashew Nut Butter and let us know what you think! Tag us in your delicious re-creation on Instagram or Facebook! Use hashtag #nutsaboutborna to be featured!
Recipe created by Barbaras Food Cravings.