This make-ahead pistachio casserole is perfect for serving multiple people because you prepare it one hour to 24 hours in advance. This allows the egg mixture to soak into the bread and it gives you time to hang out with company rather than spending all morning in the kitchen prepping breakfast.
This vegetarian and gluten-free casserole is on the lighter side since we used Unsweetened Pistachio Drink (only 32.7 calories per glass) and a blend of cottage cheese. Don’t forget to add some fresh veggies to boost the flavour and give the casserole a vibrant green colour.
It’s easy peasy, can be made ahead of time and is sure to delight everyone in your family!
♥ 1/3 cup onion, chopped
♥ 1/4 cup chopped parsley
♥ 2 cloves garlic, minced
♥ 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
♥ 1/2 teaspoon ground pepper
♥ 3 slices of gluten-free bread, chopped into cubes
♥ 5 eggs, beaten
♥ 1 cup Unsweetened Pistachio Drink
♥ 1–2 cups fresh broccoli, chopped into bite-size florets
♥ 1/2 cup cottage cheese
- Combine all ingredients except bread in a large bowl., then toss everything.
- Add bread cubes into a lightly greased rectangular baking dish.
- Pour the egg mixture over the bread cubes.
- Cover, and refrigerate casserole at least 1-2 hours or overnight.
- Remove the casserole from the refrigerator 30 minutes before baking.
- Preheat oven to 200C°
- Bake about 50 minutes, or until the middle of the casserole is no longer jiggly and a knife inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Let cool 5 minutes before serving.
Try our Pistachio Casserole made together with Unsweetened Pistachio Drink and let us know what you think! Tag us in your delicious re-creation on Instagram or Facebook! Use hashtag #nutsaboutborna to be featured!
Inesa Slevaite, Marketing Executive at Borna Food