If you’re a pistachio fan you probably know that pistachios are very healthy. Eating a handful of pistachios a day provides recommended levels of phenolic anti-oxidants, minerals, vitamins, and protein. But did you know that you could put the pistachio shells to good use? They work great in different craft projects and we’ve recently made a very cute mini Christmas tree out of pistachio shells.
We suggest you to always store the empty shells in a small bag or box until you’re ready to use them!
It will take you around an hour (45-60min) to construct this Pistachio Christmas tree.
To make this lovely mini Christmas tree you will need
♥ a hot glue gun and glue sticks
♥ a sheet of paper
To make this wonderful Christmas tree from pistachio shells you will have to follow a couple of simple steps.
- Make a cone out of your paper sheet.
- Simply place one drop of hot glue on the larger end of the shell.
- While the glue is hot, quickly attach it to the base of the cone.
- Make a wing around the entire base while attaching the pistachio shells to the cone.
- When the first row is finished, start the second row.
- Try to alternate the tips of the second row of pistachio shells between the two pistachio shells on the bottom row.
- Continue placing row after row of pistachio shells around the cone until you have completely covered it and have reached the very top.
Caution: be careful not to get hot glue on your skin.
The slight variations in the shells will make the trees look rustic and natural, so do not worry if your pistachio shells are not perfectly placed.
Instead of throwing pistachio shells away, turn them into useful and beautiful additions to your garden, office or home! Don’t forget to let us know what you think! Tag us in your beautiful re-creation on Instagram or Facebook! Use hashtag #nutsaboutborna to be featured!
Inesa Slevaite, Marketing Executive at Borna Food